Sunday, September 22, 2013

We Are All Different, And That's Ok.

Do you ever read peoples blogs and be all like man how are they so perfect?? They are always dressed nice, house always clean and organized, kids always dressed in nice clean clothes, healthy meals on the table. They just have it all worked out!!



Do you sit there like me and get utterly depressed about it?? Thinking why can’t I get my act together just like her??? FML, woe is me…blah blah blah.

Well after much thought about this and thinking, hmmm how am I going to be perfect?? I came to the conclusion that these people are not perfect at all!!! They only show us a tiny snippet of their lives.  They are only showing us what they want us to see.

For every mum you see looking perfect on the school drop off there are two more in their pjs. And while that mum might look flawless all the time, her house could be a disaster, or she can’t cook worth a damn, or she may not have a creative bone in her body. Maybe she is living with a mountains worth of debt, even though she looks it, she is not perfect. We are all different and that’s ok.

No I never look perfect…..Ever, my house is always a bit of a mess,  I’m a ok cook, I don’t  host pintrest worthy birthday parties, and that’s ok. I am clever and creative, I am for the most part a nice person and extremely loyal to my friends and family, I am a fun mum, I run around play tag, let the kids play face off and try and turn me into a zombie ,mess from paint, play dough glitter doesn’t overly faze me. I let the kids play in mud get grubby and could care less about the mess.




Ok so I went on a bit of a rant there…lol anyway what I wanted to say was  we are all different and that’s ok.  Remember , people only show you what they want to see. The grass may just be a shade or two lighter on the other side of the fence. Don’t go wasting your time wishing you had what someone else has.

No comments:

Post a Comment